Wednesday 31 July 2013

Festival Fever hits Pittenweem...AND The Torrance Gallery, Edinburgh...

It's all happening!  Across Pittenweem, artists are setting up their exhibitions in anticipation of the much celebrated Pittenweem Arts Festival!  As an artist and venue owner, I'm very busy with all the fun of the fair...

However, I'm also VERY excited to be taking part in another internationally acclaimed festival at a highly respected gallery over in Edinburgh.  The Torrance Gallery are hosting their Edinburgh Festival Exhibition from 27th July to 24th August and it's an honour to have been invited to take part! If you're in Edinburgh during the festival, do drop by to view the exhibition.  Meanwhile, you can take a quick look at my pictures of the gorgeous space, including some of the pieces I'm featuring alongside the work of the artists Sheana Stephen, Ronnie Ford, Dugland Findlay, Tom Watt, George Birrell and Elizabeth Reid...


...it's well worth a visit! Of course, this isn't my only encounter with the Torrance Gallery.  You may recall that I was commissioned by the lovely lady owner of the gallery to create a celebratory plate a while back, for her husband Brian.  He's pictured below with the finished piece - I think I captured that lovely smile?!  You can find out more about commissioning your own hand-painted ceramics at www.funkyscottish.com


...and don't forget -  if you're in Pittenweem - visit me in person at Funky Scottish on the High Street for the festival preview this Friday 2nd August from 7pm - and every day during the main event...







No comments:

Post a Comment