Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Magic of Mull - A Coincidental Commission....



Isn't it a wonderful experience when serendipity drops by to surprise us!?  This is what happened recently when I was commissioned by a woman living in Canada to create a bespoke, hand painted plate, commemorating her friend's retirement. As it transpired, the person retiring has been running a B&B in Tobermory, on my beloved Isle of Mull.  In fact, the woman who commissioned the piece - like me - once lived their too. Curiouser and curiouser! We even have lots of aquaintances and friends in common - including my own son!! We learned all of this after the commission was requested and of course this discovery helped to add a special something to the project. That's the magic of Mull...

You can view my earlier post about the island at I Love, Isle of Mull.

Find out more about collections and bespoke designs by Karen Edward @ Funky Scottish over at my main website - www.funkyscottish.com.  You can also visit my Funky Scottish studio-gallery-boutique on the High Street in Pittenweem!

No comments:

Post a Comment